Nestle New Zealand Ltd acquired the high profile corner retail site in the Dilworth Building (corner of Queen Street and Custom St East) to establish their Nespresso – Auckland Central Boutique.
ECS were engaged by Nestle to manage:
– the co-ordination of design between offshore and various local design consultants
– prepare, tender, evaluate and appoint contractors
– lodge and manage building consents
– manage main contractor, landlord, client and body corporate communications and requirements
– attend weekly conference calls and prepare weekly PCG reports
– arrange and facilitate building consent inspection approvals and final CCC sign-off.
The project required a significant amount of coordination by ECS with various parties in numerous locations around the world. GaS Studio are the Nespresso global architect based in Italy while Context Architects Ltd were engaged by ECS to provide local design input and co-ordination for final consenting plans. Joinery items were produced offshore for Dewcape Pty Ltd (an Australian based contractor with previous experience in constructing Nespresso stores) to install locally.
Within a short time frame ECS were able to coordinate design, secure building consent and deliver a complete store ready for the client to enjoy Christmas trading.