The H.B. Williams Memorial Library first opened in 1869 and was moved to its current location in 1967 as a donation by the Williams family in memory of Heathcote Williams (H.B.). The design of the Library extension is a Hybrid Concept which includes:
A 50 seat multi-purpose space for exhibitions, technology launches, author sessions etc.
An enlarged Reference Collection area to the mezzanine from 125m2 to 217m2.
Additional Commons area to mezzanine of 154m2.
Enabled Back of House function to be located on a single level and improve deliveries outreach services and loading.